Cy Faries, Founder/Owner, Chemist, Color Expert
Cosmetic Development Systems (CDS) is a privately held cosmetic and personal care research, manufacturer and packaging firm located in the coastal county of Ventura California. We are positioned near the Pacific coastline about 30 miles northwest of Los Angles in a beautiful mountain valley at the foot of the Santa Monica Mountains. We believe it to be one of the most beautiful regions of the globe and we are here by design. Beauty is what we bring to the market.
Our state of the art cosmetic research, production, manufacturing facility opened their doors in 1979. Over the years, we have expanded to encompass more than 20,000 square feet. Today we are a part of a state-of-the art, industrial subdivision incorporating Blue Cross, Northrop and Amgen among others.
At the CDS facilities, we are proud to offer our skin care, beauty, and hair care innovators the expertise and experience of nearly 40 years. Our facilities employ scientists, chemists, and experts in natural and holistic formulation.
Some of the capabilities of our Newbury Park facilities include:
- Ability to compound in six steam jacketed process tanks with a range of capacities 200 lbs. to 5.6 metric tons.
- Expertise in producing liquids, creams and pastes ranging in viscosity from heavy kaolin masques and toothpaste to lighter-than-water styling sprays.
- We boast three automated filling lines with interchangeable filling machines on the lines.
- Operational schedule of 10 hour/ 4 day work week allowing for an additional two day capacity if necessary.
- We are fully compliant within approved FDA cGMP guidelines.
- We are a Certified Organic and NSF Compliant Facilty.
- Production quantities are available in orders as small as 1250 units, with no maximum limit on number of units.